Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Turn It Down Blog: Tough & Lovely! Andrew Robertson! Interview!

Prior to the release of their second full-length album in 2007, Rich Tupica at the Turn It Down blog conducted an interview with Andrew Robertson of The Tough And Lovely. Here is some of that chat:
TID: How did the Tough & Lovely come together as a band? 
AR: In late 2001 my old band began to wind down and I was looking to start a new project. I had in mind some musicians here and there from around town, and I was playing with various people every now and then just to get things going. I still didn’t have a clue as to who I could get for a singer, but I was frequenting some karaoke nights and continually asking around and mentioning to friends and acquaintances what I was looking for. I was almost to the point of trying out various girls who were interested in singing, Lara being one of them, when I was fortunate enough to catch her a couple times at some karaoke nights. Lara and I had known each other for some time and I always thought she had a decent voice, but then I saw her karaoke one night at a local rock club and I almost fell off my barstool. I remember she did Sweet’s 'Ballroom Blitz' and she laid it down! It didn’t hurt that song starts with ‘ready…Andy?’ I was sold. After that the musicians for the band started falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment