Tuesday, July 3, 2018

New Additions: Q-FM-96 Hometown Album Project Volume 3

So this is a bit of a cheat. Recently I was down at The Hippie Hut on High Street digging through their vinyl and found a copy of the Q-FM-96 Hometown Album Project Volume 3. At first, I didn't think much of it, most of these are fairly safe radio friendly music, not what I'm researching for the book. But then I scanned the track list a little closer and saw Rosie listed. Interesting choice to lead off the compilation. Then I glanced at the last track - The Jetboys! The odds of me scoring one of their lone 1981 seven inches is pretty slim, considering the only one available on Discogs at the moment is for almost seven hundred bucks. This, however, is a much cheaper way to get my hands on a recording of (the A side at least) their music.


No comments:

Post a Comment