Tuesday, April 30, 2019

New Additions: Sob Story by Gaunt

At the start of this project, Gaunt was not an unfamiliar band for me. Way back in season one of the podcast I co-host, Dig Me Out, we checked out the last Gaunt record from 1998, Bricks And Blackouts. Maybe starting with the last record didn't leave a good enough impression, because at the time I didn't follow-up that revisitation with an additional listening. Now that I've started picking up Gaunt releases here and there, it's given me a chance to digest the whole discography, which was pretty prolific for such a short period of time. In seven years, they managed to release six albums and nine singles worth of material, and earlier works like Sob Story from 1994 provide a much different picture of the band than B&B, which a less polished and more visceral/direct sound that makes it clear why they're one of the most celebrated punk bands in Columbus history.


No comments:

Post a Comment