Tuesday, April 2, 2019

New Additions: Euogression self-titled 1987 album

There are a few bands whose names danced around the periphery of conversations I've had with people in researching this book, and Eurogression is one one of them. From "yeah, I sorta remember" them to "that name sounds familiar," the band was only around a few years but managed a seven inch single and album, the latter of which was recorded at 3001 Studios by Jeff Gastineau, who I interviewed in 2018 for the book. He gave me some interesting insights, but what I was not expecting was the wildly fluctuating market for the Eurogression album. I scored it via Discogs for a few bucks, albeit in slightly worn shape, while I have seen other copies going for upwards of fifty bucks. In reality, at five songs it is more of an EP than an album, but you get the vibe immediately, and I'm not shocked that some people didn't connect, or maybe lost it down the memory whole. It's competent goth synth stuff with occasionally interesting ideas that maybe needed a little more time to gestate into something truly special.


No comments:

Post a Comment