Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Columbus Alive: Interview with Flogging Molly drummer George Schwindt

Finding info on Eurogression is damn near impossible, but I did manage to track down this interview with former drummer George Schwindt with the Columbus Alive back in 2012 when he was touring with Flogging Molly. Here's a the Eurogression bit:
Alive: Tell me about the band you were playing with when you first moved to L.A. That band was originally based in Columbus? 
Schwindt: The band was called Eurogression. Yeah, we were based in Columbus. We had played around a bit in Columbus, and we’d gone to New York and played CBGB’s when that was still there, and that was great. It was different then because in order to get to where people could help with your career, you had to go to one of the music markets. That was before Seattle. And then when all that stuff started happening in Seattle, I mean, you couldn’t be in Seattle and not run into a label guy from somewhere. Whether it was L.A. or New York or London - everybody. I mean, they were all there. It was just saturated. That kind of changed, along with technology, I think changed the way the labels look at the world and who’s doing what. But back then, you said, “OK, well, we’re going to have to go to New York or L.A.” And I voted for New York, and everybody else voted for L.A. (laughs) So in that band democracy, we got in the moving van and went west. We played in L.A. for about a year, and then the band broke up, and I stayed out. I kept working with people, auditioning for different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment