Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Pencil Storm: My Thirty Favorite Watershed Songs

Colin Gawel from Watershed runs Pencil Storm, an outlet for longer form writing about music, sports, politics, etc. Tom Linzel contributed his list of "My Thirty Favorite Watershed Songs" back in December 2016, here's what he said:
Last summer a guy named Nick Jezierny, in a clever twist on Colin Gawel's ranking of every Cheap Trick song, ranked every Watershed song recorded.  He included live albums and even some bonus tracks.  This was great reading, especially the notes from the band &  Ricki C. and links to videos. It inspired me to make my own list.  I have known these guys since grade school, before they picked up their instruments and decided to form a band.  I have no idea how many times I have seen them play live, but I am sure it is more than a hundred shows.  Now, I'm not going to rank every song.  "What??" you say. "What a rip off!" Really, who wants to write or read about songs that are just ok? Are we going to argue about the 40th vs 41st best football teams? Ain't nobody got time for that! So here are my top 30 songs - the ones I would put on a mix tape (CD) for someone who has never heard the band.  

No comments:

Post a Comment