Tuesday, November 27, 2018

New Additions: The More It Hurts, The More It Works by Watershed

I moved to Columbus in fall of 1998, and my knowledge of Watershed was slim. I had heard them thanks to working in college radio, but it wasn't until the release of their 2002 The More It Hurts, The More It Works did I get more of the backstory. Still, at the time being focused on my own band at the time, recording, booking and playing shows, I still had some serious gaps in my musical knowledge. It wasn't until recently that I rectified that by hosting Joe Oestreich on the Dig Me Out Podcast to talk about his 2012 book Hitless Wonder (Part One / Part Two). Since then, I've slowly filled in all the gaps and just about completely my Watershed discography, save for a few truly rare items. Recently I grabbed this album, and glad I did. It's a power pop ripper, full of tightly written tunes with heaps of melody.


No comments:

Post a Comment