Tuesday, July 23, 2019

New Additions: A Secret Reward by 84 Nash

I have now purchased A Secret Reward by 84 Nash twice. Once back in the early 2000s, probably at a local store like Used Kids or Magnolia Thunderpussy, where I used to go to pick up local and used CDs. But in the mid-2000s, when MP3s and file sharing and external hard-drives became a thing, I dumped most of my CD catalog off for cash and unfortunately parted with this album. Luckily, the internet provide a multitude of ways to reacquire albums lost in a such a foolish decision, and A Secret Reward has made it back into my collection. I remember at the time the band being compared to Guided By Voices, but A Secret Reward really sounds like a band fully in charge of their sound, with lo-fi sketches fleshed out to near-power pop rockers.


No comments:

Post a Comment