Tuesday, June 18, 2019

New Additions: Engaged In Labor by Miranda Sound

Not true at all. I've owned this since it came out. When I was active in the Columbus music scene from around 1998/99 to 2008, Miranda Sound were the band we were closest friends with, having gone to college with Billy, Dan G. and Sean. But here's the thing when your in a band playing with lots of bands, you don't spend a ton of time listening to other records. I was listening to new releases maybe once or twice, then moving onto the next thing. So, while I dug this, I hadn't actually put it on in a long time. Glad I did, because it was like discovering a new band. The track "Midas" was always a favorite, both personally and for crowds, but the rest of the record ebbs and flows so well, it's worthy of checking out either again or for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment