Tuesday, March 12, 2019

New Additions: Waste 7" single by Moviola

Moviola are one of a handful of bands included in the research for the book that I actually had some familiarity with from years back. Back when I first started playing in a band, Moviola were already well established, and their album The Durable Dream (1999), Rumors Of The Faithful (2001) and East Of Eager (2004) were all on my record buying radar. I never caught the band live, but when future releases popped up, I would give a listen, and usually enjoyed what I heard. What I didn't do is go backwards and check out their early/mid-90s era, at least not until now. I decided to start by picking up their very first release - the 7" single Waste released jointly on Anyway and Eardrop Productions. It's interesting to hear the bands evolution, which started much louder and noisier, to the 2000s and their mellowed indie rock sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment