Tuesday, March 26, 2019

New Additions: Poison Berries by Orchestraville

Way back a few decades ago, the band I was in played one of it's very early shows with Orchestraville at Little Brother's here in Columbus. At the time I didn't quite get it, as my musically vocabulary simply wasn't that expansive. A band that could incorporate the pop melodies of The Beatles and The Kinks with the more esoteric sounds of Robyn Hitchcock or Richard Thompson was not something I could grasp all that well. I finally got around to digging into the actual catalog, and stating with the latest release and working backward, I picked up Poison Berries recently on crate digging trip to various stores, not able to wrap my ahead around the band what they are capable of pulling off with expertise - pop music for people who don't like their pop on a platter, but parceled out in tasty, albeit layered, bits and pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment