Tuesday, December 25, 2018

New Additions: When My Blue Moon Turns Red Again by Bassholes

Like a number of bands, I had never heard the Bassholes before starting this book project. From the punny name, I didn't know what to expect - was this a jokey band? I quickly learned, no, they are not. And what I learned is that more than just being a good band, they were in some respects ahead of the curve in the 90s that would later produce The Black Keys in Akron and The White Stripes in Detroit, being a guitar/vocal and drum combo. My first of what is now many acquisitions is their 1998 album "When My Blue Moon Turns Red Again," a double vinyl album that encapsulates just about everything I've heard from the band, from it's most locked in and straightforward to its most jarring and experimental.


No comments:

Post a Comment