Tuesday, November 13, 2018

New Additions: Land Of Sugar by Royal Crescent Mob

At some point in my 20s or 30s, I picked up Royal Crescent Mob's second album on Sire, the 1991 album Midnight Rose's, gave it spin and thought, nah, not for me. Maybe it was the wrong album to start with, maybe it was the wrong time in my life to figure out what was going on, but it just didn't connect. A few years ago, independent of working on this project, I found a copy of 1987's Omerta in a record store and that immediately changed mind. It's weird to think I've gotten more expansive with my listening tastes as I've gotten older, but truth is I listen to a wider variety of music now than I ever had, which is why I psyched when Kyle at Lost Weekend Records let me know he had a copy of Land Of Sugar (originally released on No Other Records in 1985) in his local section recently waiting for me to grab it (along with a few other things).


No comments:

Post a Comment