Tuesday, October 23, 2018

New Additions: Bloodsucker EP by Scrawl

While the vast majority of bands I've come across researching for the book have been new to me, Scrawl is one that I was somewhat familiar with prior to starting. Thanks to working in college radio in the 90s, the albums released on Elektra (Travel On, Rider and Nature Film) both made there way to our station and playlists. I was totally unfamiliar with the early years, and thankfully I'm getting caught up. Luckily, I've been able to stream online and slowly piece together the back catalog of the band, and it's been a lot fun rediscovering (and discovering for the first time) so much great music, including the Bloodsucker EP released in 1991, which I was able to snag at Records Per Minute a few weeks ago. It's even signed by the band!


No comments:

Post a Comment