Wednesday, June 6, 2018

It's Psychedelic Baby: Royal Pines interview with Joe Patt

Joe Patt has been in a variety of bands for the past several decades, most recently Royal Pines, but also The Hairy Patt band and Them Wranch. Here's an interview with Joe from It's Psychedelic Baby back in 2015:
Do you have any funny or interesting stories from live shows or performances that you’d like to share here with our readers? 
JP: Oh my God, there have been many sad and funny stories over the years with the many bands I’ve been in.  One of my favorites to tell is when Them Wranch was playing in Morgantown, West Virginia back around 2000.  Right before we went on I had an emergency bathroom break because of some awful West Virginia food we’d eaten.  I’m sure it was excellent, but maybe I had too much or it simply didn’t agree with me.  Anyway, I used the backstage bathroom which was actually upstairs and quite a walk from the stage.  I clogged it up and there was no plunger, so it overflowed.  This is all happening while I’m hearing the guys in the band impatiently making noise on stage, waiting for me.  I run down to the bar and ask for a plunger.  They have one and I run back in front of the stage and wave the plunger at the guys telling them I’ll be ready in a minute.  I plunge the toilet and clean up the mess and I don’t really remember playing that night.  We actually ended up spending the night in that apartment above the bar which was great, but unfortunately some meth head lived next door and he was cranking cassettes of 1970’s Pittsburgh Steelers radio broadcasts all night.  We didn’t get much sleep that night!  That’s another thing about the road…  You don’t get much sleep.  “Bradshaw, back in the pocket…”

No comments:

Post a Comment