Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Columbus Alive 2016: Greenhorn revisits past in rare reunion show

Back in 2016, brothers McGann and Spurgeon kicked the tires on Greenhorn for a rare reunion show and spoke to the Columbus Alive regarding their show at Ace Of Cups:
More than two decades after Greenhorn’s initial break-up, the rare reunion show remains a cause for celebration - a trend the band members attribute, in part, to the youthful confidence with which they forged the music. 
“I remember the days when Greenhorn first started playing and we had this sort of us against the world mentality,” said guitarist Mark Spurgeon, who joined his brother, singer/guitarist Dan Spurgeon, for an early January interview at a Clintonville coffee shop. “We really believed in what we were doing ... and when I remember the young man in me, I’m not surprised when people say, ‘That song is so meaningful to me,’ or, ‘That song defines my experience at [now-defunct rock venue] Stache’s.’

No comments:

Post a Comment