Tuesday, May 15, 2018

New Additions: Nevertheless / Flower Song 7" by Pretty Mighty Mighty

I've been a fan of Pretty Mighty Mighty since around 1998 or 99 when I saw them at Bernie's, and picked up their releases whenever they came out. However, I didn't know much about the band's history prior to my move to Columbus in 1998, so their earlier material eluded me for years. I picked up the album Ugly fairly early on, but the two seven inch singles released in 1993 had never crossed my path until recently, specifically picking up the Burnt Sienna Records seven inch Nevertheless / Flower Song. You can definitely hear the chaotic but melodic beginnings of the band that would sharpen on Ugly, but it's still odd to hear them with Jon Chinn not as the main lead singer.


No comments:

Post a Comment